THE TWO CONCERNS MOST PEOPLE HAVE IS DYING TOO SOON AND LIVING TOO LONG
A payout annuity is an income-generating insurance product. In exchange for a lumpsum premium, the client receives guaranteed income payments for one lifetime, two lifetimes (for joint products) or a specified period of time.
- Income from a payout annuity can supplement other sources of guaranteed lifetime income such as Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS) or a defined benefit pension.
- Life annuity - Clients can never outlive their retirement income
- Joint life annuity - A client can provide lifetime income for a spouse even after the client dies
- Income is not affected by market or interest rate fluctuation
- Clients are protected from making poor investment decisions