FUNDS THAT CAN HELP TO PROVIDE PROTECTION.
Segregated funds are similar to mutual funds, however what sets them apart is the guarantee they offer of investment protection against possible market downturns. Distributed exclusively by insurance companies, segregated funds are comprised of stocks, bonds or market securities and are managed by experts.
- Allow you to take advantage of rising markets while offering guarantees against possible downturns at maturity and in the case of death.
- Managed by experienced portfolio managers and include an asset mix that suits all investor profiles.
- Protect your savings from potential creditors depending on your province of residence.
- Offer quick settlement in the case of death thanks to the designation of a beneficiary.
- May be purchased as an RRSP, TFSA, LIRA, RRIF, LIF or a non-registered savings plan.
- Completely private estate settlement.