BE PREPARED FOR YOUR FINANCIAL FUTURE.
RRIF / LIRA / LIF
- Non-Registered Savings Plan
- This plan works like a personal savings account. It allows you to save money for a project or to grow your retirement income if you have reached your maximum RRSP and TFSA contribution limits. You get a higher return than on your bank account
- RRIF – Registered Retirement Income Fund
- An RRIF acts as an extension of a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP). It allows you to utilize the savings you have accumulated during your working life. You have until December 31 of the year you turn 71 years of age to convert the amounts invested in your RRSP into an RRIF.
- LIRA – Locked-In Retirement Account
- This plan is ideal if you have changed employers and wish to transfer funds from your group pension plan to an individual plan so as to have more control over your investments.
- LIF – Life Income Fund
- If your savings have been placed in a locked-in retirement account (LIRA), a life income fund (LIF) will allow you to periodically withdraw the funds you require to live comfortably.